Friday, July 01, 2005

Six days

Six days' abstinence behind me now. My TV-free life is starting to feel more normal and less deprived. When I get up in the morning, the TV isn't my first thought, and turning it on isn't my first priority. (I do, however, go straight to the computer. Oh well, one addiction at a time. :o) These six days have all felt long, much longer than I'm used to, and I'm still adjusting to that. Of course that's great in that I'm getting so much more done, but it's also unnerving; I'm so used to the time-collapsing trance effect of TV.

I seem to think about TV the most when I come home from meetings, shopping, or errands. My dogs and cats are great, but I want human companionship too, and that's what the TV (virtually) supplies.

This is just what abstinence and withdrawal are supposed to do: let out all the pain and unfulfilled needs that the addiction was medicating.

Great.

But thank you, God. It may not be what I want, but I know it's what I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home